Monday, January 10, 2011

What have you learned ?


Just  the other day  someone asked, "since your birthday
What have you learned ?
 
My  response  without a though, "I've learned not,
to lie  to myself  any longer".
 
I  know the response was unexpected,
I  didn't expect  to make that response.
Now , Iam forced to understand  the meaning
of those words, and significance,
I  believe I was saying , It's okay to be with myself
I can now accept who the true me is really about and,
Rest assured  every thing will be alright with me.
 
I No longer feel obligated to say I'm strong ,
When Iam weak,
Whenever Iam lonely, it's okay to feel that way.
Iam  never alone.
I don't need to feel compelled to say "yes" to others,
It's alright to say "no" and take time for me.
I don't need to down play recognition and
 accomplishments just  remain humble and receive.
Yes, encouraging others is great, but what about
Encouraging  myself...
It 's  necessary in taking  care of my own wellness
Hurt no longer have to be hidden, it's alright.
I can  acknowledge pain.
Yes, it's true .I don't always have to make others
My priority  when I'm just their option
If  I don't know every thing, that 's alright too.
It's not a sign of ignorance but a need for further,
understanding.
I  don't  have to run away from love
I can reach out and embrace it.
It's alright being happy, I don't need to make excuses,
I  Deserve it...
I  never have to live a lie, I can live with truth
I don't need to be a savior to others
I need Salvation.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Follow Me on Pinterest Follow smilecampus on Twitter